Course of the study
- Sign up with your email address to participate in our study.
- Visit the verification link we send to you to confirm your email address.
- After you successfully confirmed your email address, you will receive a weekly email from us, each with a new link to measure your fingerprint.
- By visiting such a link, we will measure characteristic attributes (features) of your browser and show you all of these values.
- Every 4 weeks, you will receive a report about your recognizability as PDF file per email.
- In order to make a statement about your long-term recognizability, a long participation and several fingerprint measurements per week would be very beneficial.
- You can end your participation at any time by visiting the unsubscribe link we provide in each of our emails to you.
Each of our emails is signed with a S/MIME certificate from Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU, Germany), which allows you to control if we are the real sender of an email. We will only send you emails with links leading to our website that begin with https://browser-fingerprint.cs.fau.de/. In our FAQs, we describe how you can verify our digital signature.
Once your participation in our study ends, we will delete your email address from our database.
We will evaluate the measured browser fingerprints only for research purposes and always only in an anonymous form. During your sign up, you can determine whether we are allowed to publish the measured characteristics of your browser fingerprints in an anonymous form for research purposes (e.g., within a test dataset for other research groups).